Want a deeper dive into how to create change?
Never before have businesses, government agencies and non-profit organizations so needed brave-hearted change makers who have the courage, skills and sense of responsibility to say “no” to what no longer works and create better ways to achieve meaningful goals. The ability to lead change has become an essential competency for everyone in today’s unpredictable and increasingly non-hierarchical world.
Whether you’re 24 or 64, don’t wait to be “named” a leader or be given permission to introduce a new idea or program. Learn how to navigate organizational politics, deal with conflict, communicate new ideas, develop support, and build the personal and organizational resiliency to accomplish meaningful goals and grow into a 21st century business leader.
Based on our varied work experiences as rebels at work, Carmen at the CIA and Lois at marketing agencies working for Fortune 500 companies, we offer the three types of programs: keynote speeches, hands-on learning workshops, and team development and coaching.
Video Learning Program
Our 6.5 hour video learning program is like a graduate seminar on organizational change, featuring 12 fascinating experts in positive psychology, organizational growth, conflict management, strategic communications, and developmental psychology. You can read more about the program here, and find a complete listing of each of the 22 video segments and how to purchase here.
Our speeches wake people up to what’s possible when we face down our fears and step up to make changes at work — regardless of title, experience or education. In these high-energy, audience participation speeches we:
- Debunk myths about creating change. Allay fears about leading change.
- Show you how to get your ideas heard, considered and acted upon.
- Address common pitfalls in bringing new ideas forward and provide ways to avoid them.
- Offer ways to stay sane and find more meaning and joy at work.
- Share our very different personal stories of being rebels at work — some insightful, some funny, some tragic — all rich in optimism and practical wisdom.
Be the Change Maker: Becoming a 21st Century Leader
Our half- and full-day workshops are interactive learning sessions where people learn essential skills and strategies for creating positive change.
Using a large group discussion format, small group breakout exercises, videos and role playing, you will come away with a renewed sense of purpose about your work and the practical skills to lead, which has become an essential competency for everyone in today’s unpredictable and increasingly non-hierarchical world.
- Why and how to “read” the organizational environment so that you can more easily navigate politics, build support and position new ideas.
- Your top intrinsic character strengths and how to use them to overcome obstacles, find more meaning in your work, and become a more effective leader. (A personalized assessment of your 24 strengths is included as part of the Master Class.)
- How to position and communicate new ideas so they get attention and gain support.
- How to deal with energy vampires so that your ideas move forward vs. getting derailed. These include: difficult conversations, bad bosses, unproductive meetings, and common excuses like “we don’t have the resources for that.”
- Why and how to create a psychologically safe work environment so that creativity, collaboration and diversity of ideas thrive.
- Ways to build your resiliency so that you’re able to recover from setbacks, persevere amidst bureaucracy, and create a sense of well being for yourself and your teammates.
Who should attend:
- You know that your organization could be achieving more but you’re stuck.
- You want more meaning in your work.
- You’re frustrated with bureaucracy and the slowness of hierarchical management structures.
- You aspire to become a person or team who makes meaningful change happen.
- You’ve tried to introduce new ideas and they just haven’t gotten traction.
- You’re starting to feel burnt out and want to reclaim your energy and sense of purpose at work.
- Your board keeps talking about being more innovative and agile and “failing fast” but you’re not sure how to do that.
- You and your leadership team are looking for an alternative to your usual offsite planning event.
- Your project team isn’t making as much progress as you’d like and you want a way to bring the team together to learn how to achieve more, more easily.
Team Development and Coaching: The Rebel Grow Road
Lois, Carmen, and our partner Maria DeCarvalho offer a coaching and team development program for organizations that are about to embark on a major change initiative and/or want to grow and build their individual and collective capacity for learning, creativity, and adaptive change.
The Rebel Grow Road includes three phases:
- In the DREAM phase, we guide you and your team through a 1.5-day process that combines serious imagining and rigorous truth telling from which emerges clarity about what you want your team to become, achieve – and learn.
- The DISCOVER process begins with a half-day workshop and two-hour follow-up session with every team member present. We move together along the Immunity to Change™ coaching arc to step outside our habitual thinking and open up new mindsets that offer each participant a growing capacity to think and behave differently.
- In the DELIVER phase we coach the team as you launch one to three change ideas, however large or small they may be. Like a Master Class, we advise you on the actual work you are doing. We guide you on excelling in the important areas like understanding the organizational landscape, building helpful relationships, positioning and communicating your ideas, having difficult conversations with difficult people, and sequencing and pacing.
Our work continues with group progress sessions and individual coaching support over the course of three to ten months, depending on your goals. A unique feature of the Rebel Grow Road methodology is that each process inspires and illuminates the others and, rather than ending, becomes embedded in the very ways you and your team think, communicate and produce.