Upcoming Talks & Workshops
SPEECH: January 29, 2015 Southwest Showcase, Austin, TX
WEBCAST: February 18, 1 -2 p.m., ET, Rebels with a Cause: Creating Positive Change at Work, O’Reilly Media. Free, registration required.
Rebels at Work challenges the assumption that leadership comes from a position of power or authority. With practical advice and guidance, authors Carmen Median and Lois Kelly—rebels in their own right—will help empower you by transforming the way you present your ideas and engage your coworkers and bosses.
What attendees will learn:
- The difference between good and bad rebels at work.
- Common fears about pushing for change and how to manage them.
- Do this first: understanding how things work at work.
- Creating a rebel alliance, avoiding hero worship.
- Positioning and communicating ideas so people pay attention (and maybe even help you.
- Using conflict and controversy productively.
- Tips for staying sane and resilient.
- When to quit.